VST Host – Virtual Pedal Board:
Mode Machines is happy to announce the vPed. The ultimate VST and VSTi Host for live or studio use.
vPed currently ships in two flavours, Standard Version and Pro Version:
- Standard Version: 2GB of RAM + 8GB SSD (Internal memory).
- PRO Version: 4GB of RAM + 32GB SSD (Internal memory).
Just install your favorite software, plug your MIDI/USB keyboard or guitar/bass cable or microphone and you are ready to play with the greatest sounds that you have only heard in professional studio sessions.
- Load up to 12 plug-ins with full control over chain routing
- Activate/deactivate plug-ins with a simple foot-switch press
- 4 expression/value pedal inputs, 4 external switch inputs and 4 software switches, all of them assignable to any plugin parameter
- 4 USB ports available for connecting external storage devices, MIDI/USB controllers and optional Wi-Fi dongle for remote control
- Data stored on SSD for great reliability
- Quick editing of plug-in’s parameters without connecting a mouse
- Easy to use: only 5 foot-switches and 2 knobs on the front panel
- Quickly modify your effects’ chain
And much more facilities for using VST/VSTi plugins live.
With an “Intel G1610 2.6GHz” Processor, 32bit floating internal processing and 24bits 44.1/48Khz Sample rates, this super stable and Rock solid unit sounds (and looks) fantastic, allowing for a huge amount of internal and external connections / routings that makes it almost a modular environment for complex effect chains, sequencing…
Capable of loading an incredible amount of third-party Plug-ins, the limit is your imagination. The 4 USB allow you to connect an infinite amount of devices to control and assign the internal effects or synths, being possible to externally synchronize the unit via USB-MIDI.
Bundled with features such as, Tuner, Looper, Tap tempo, Vplayer for backing tracks, total recall of presets and whole projects in an instant, Wifi compatibility for controlling the unit from a Tablet or Smartphone… This unit can become the center piece of guitarists, bass players, keyboard players, singers, Dj´s, performers…
And if this is not enough, you can increase the unit’s processing power in many different ways:
- Higher capacity storage unit: SSD 32/64 G (standard 8G)
- RAM up to 4G (standard 2G)
- USB to MIDI interface, for connecting MIDI Devices
- WiFi transmitter, to control vPed from tablets or smart phones (Android and Apple apps available)
- Here’s a compatibility list of plug-ins tested with vPed.
- Here’s the list of factory pre-installed plug-ins.
vPed can be used in an enormous amount of scenarios, to indicate some…
Guitar/Bass players operation modes:
● As a 12 effects pedal board, connecting audio output to your amplifier.
● As a standalone unit to be connected to a P.A. line input (mono or stereo), by using VST plug-ins and Sfx including simulator amp + cab at the end of the effects chain.
Keyboard players operation modes:
● As a VST host for live operation, with the ability to control up to 12 VSTi /VST Sfx controllable by a connected MIDI keyboard (not included.
Singers operation modes:
● Tons of astonishing effects tailored for your voice (e.g. tube preamp,compressors, reverbs, delays, tuners etc.).
More available features:
● Allows you to load up to 12 plug-ins shown in 3 pages, switched on/off in real-time, by 4 traditional foot switches. Each effect can thus be activated / deactivated via a foot switch for each specific effect.
● “Page / Edit” foot switch, which in addition to numerous functions, allows you to select and load in real-time, user-created preset by the same plug-in, or load a whole board during your performances.
● Displaying original plug-in graphics, with the ability to edit the effect with the mouse, or change the values within the plug-in parameter list.
● Ability to assign to every plug-in the audio and/or MIDI source (parameters are saved for each single board)
● Ability to make mono audio outputs via a software command
● Possibility for connecting to a remote assistance support
● Ability to backup and restore all data
● Data stored on a solid state drive (SSD)
● Guitar /Bass tuner quickly available
● Native latency <= 4 ms. Final latency may also depends on the plugin’s accuracy
● Ability to adjust quickly your favorite chain effects
● Ability to save and load boards that include all 12 VST and/or VSTi
● Ability to choose between two modes for the activation of plug-in:° Plug-ins are activated individually, and therefore effects are summed. ° When a plug-in is activated, the previous one is automatically deactivated. This mode of operation is essential for keyboard players using VSTi, or for Guitar/Bass players using VST including amplifier and effects (e.g. Guitar Rig™ / AmpliTube™ / FreeAmp™ etc.).
● Each plug-in resource (cpu) is individually monitored
● Great compatibility with most of the VST plug-ins (Windows™ 32 bit DLL)
● vPed comes with its customized case, and on request can be provided with the following optional accessories:° Higher capacity storage unit: SSD 32/64 G (standard 8G) ° RAM up to 4G (standard 2G) ° USB to MIDI interface, for connecting MIDI keyboard ° WiFi transmitter, to control vPed from tablets or smart phones (Android and Apple apps available)
● Size: 22cm(D) x 35cm (W) x 7cm (H)
● Weight: 3Kg.
● Guitar/Bass: ¼” jack with Hi/Low input sensitivity switch
● Mic: Balanced XLR socket, with gain regulation
● Stereo audio output through 2 XLR pseudo-balanced (L/R):
● Stereo audio output through 2 mono ¼” unbalanced jack (L/R)
Other available connections:
● 4 connectors for assignable external expression pedals (not included),assignable to any plug-in parameter
● 2 connectors for 2/4 foot switches (not included), assignable to any plugin parameter
● 4 USB2 ports
● 19 V DC input jack for external power supply (included)
● 1 HDMI To replicate the screen. From this port you can also get the digital audio output (24bit 192kHz)
● RJ-45 LAN port
VPed Promo Video: