12 Track Matrix MIDI Sequencer:
The Mode Machines SEQ12 is an extremely intuitive 12 Track Matrix Sequencer for MIDI production and Live performing.
It offers one MIDI Input and three MIDI Outputs. It gives access to 12 tracks and you are able to choose between three track types: drum, chord and monophone. Each track has 2 or 3 controller tracks, routing on midi outputs and midi channel adjustable. Also each track has 16 patterns, these can be played in freely programmable sequences one behind the other. Each pattern has its own shuffle pattern, 2 to 3 controller tracks and additional ratchet modes with programmable pitch and trigger patterns.
The product can record Midi notes and controller values via Midi In and the data can be edited using the LED buttons. There are 32 memory slots in the device and it has a very stable and accurate timing.
Each track contains 16 sequences which are freely switchable on the fly.
The midi data are displayed in dedicated views on the LED button matrix
There are 3 selectable track types:
- Type monophonic sends note, velocity, note length, controller 1,2,3
- Type chord sends note, velocity, note length, controller 1,2, chord
- Type drum sends to 12 subtracks freely definable notes with adjustable velocity, accented notes, controller 1.2
Each sequence has a freely adjustable shuffle pattern and clock divider. This also triplets, etc. are possible for each sequence, the nonlinear mode can be activated with different multiple trigger patterns and clock dividers per step. Shortest possible grade: 1/32.
Automatic smoothing of controller values can be activated. Free choice of midi channel and exit per track.
Each track can play their sequences in a given order (Chain). There are 8 parts (stanza, chorus, bridge etc) with 12 tracks each for the tracks.
- Streamlined User interface powered by 219 illuminated Buttons.
- 12 Tracks, each playing one of 16 Sequences.
- Tracks can be monophonic, polyphonic or special drum mode.
- special Views for Notes, Chords, Modulations, Velocities, Accents, Drums, Shuffle etc.
- free chains of Sequences, organised in 8 Parts of a Song.
- 2 free Controllers and Shufflepattern per Track and Sequence.
- 3 Outputs, 1 Input – connect a MIDI keyboard or Controller for realtime recording
- 32 Songs storage in internal Memory.
- SYSEX backups.
- Everything is visible and editable while running the Machine.You can even SAVE and LOAD any of the Presets without Stoping the Sequencer.
- 19 inches and 6 HE
- left: Function keys
- middle: Key matrix for data viewing and entry
- right: display with control pad and mode selection buttons (SEQ, JAM, SONG) and play buttons (START, PLAY / STOP, RECORD)
- The modes and views can be switched independently of the play mode
- 12V / 1000mA Power Supply
- Dimensions: 52,5 x 31,5 x 15,5cm (L&B&T)
- Weight: 5000 g
Performance by Inspektor Gadjet with direct audio recording:
Demo at NAMM Show 2015 with some demos and sound samples at the end of the video: