Large-diaphragm Studio Tube Microphone
Modemachines is happy to anounce the MT-8 dual-diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone.
Designed as a dedicated vocal microphone, the MT-8 targets engineers ‘with vintage tastes who want high headroom clarity and detail’. Its high-voltage head amplifier and S-1 capsule (34mm) provide the headroom, detail and a ‘robust’ bottom end.
With its mid-range focus and balanced bass and smooth top end, the MT-8 is intended to be an alternative to the U47 and other recent clones.
The tube is a JJ ECC83 (12AX7 hand-selected) dual-triode. The amplifier circuit into which it is built has a self-noise rating of 22dBA, which is the highest we’ve seen for large-diaphragm tube condenser mic like this.
The MT-8’s large body size is a result of large components used in the design – such as the Lundahl transformer and 400V polypropylene film capacitors. The mic is free of body resonance as a result of the use of new powder coatings that solve the problem.
The MT-8 is a high-end tube microphone with Lundahl Transformer and power supply. The MT-8 provides the possibility of 9 polar patterns to choose. The selectable characteristics of the MT-8 are infinitely variable by a step switch for directional characteristic between omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8 and 6 intermediate stages thereof. A good choice for recording musical instruments and singing. Installed is a EH 6072A.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid / Omni / Figure-8 and 6 intermediate stages unit AC power supply
- Diaphragm: Dual 1.07-inch 6 micron gold-sputtered Mylar.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa 0dB=1V/Pa@1kHz.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Fig-8. Intermediate stages selectable from power supply.
- Impedance: <200Ω
- Recommended Load: >200Ω
- Equivalent Input Noise: 22dB A weighted IEC651.
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 128dB for 0.5% total harmonic distortion @ 1kHz
- Noise level: 16 dB
- Power: Custom supply 115V or 230V operation with IEC type 2 AC cable.
- Connection between Mic & Power Supply: 7-pin XLR.
- Dimensions: 52,0 x 35,0 x 18 cm
- Weight: 4900 g
Included in the delivery:
MT-8 high-end shotgun microphone
Power supply & XLR Male – XLR Female cable (connection between power supply and microphone)
High-quality and luxurious microphone clamp
High-quality aluminum case (color: silver)